Anyways, despite the VAD debacle, we, the PlusTime VISTAs, realized that what we knew as our "work plans" would soon be guiding, however loosely or strictly, our entire year of service. So far, my work plan has been going pretty well, but originally, I wasn't quite sure what the hell to do with it. Each VISTA site is a 3 year goal though each VISTA only has to serve for one of it. Therefore, a good VAD takes into account the fact that the first VISTA, in this case me, will be starting the goals and attempting to get the groundwork set for potential other VISTAs or other members at site. It is a lot to chew on so I will discuss the VAD in a later post. I have included my 3 overall goals below:
Goal 1: The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) afterschool program will expand connections to the human services, arts, business, communities and increase program visibility in
Activities: (Action Steps: Year One)
1. Create a database to organize and track potential funding and volunteer sources.
2. Meet with the director to identify program needs and specific ways each source could be most beneficially incorporated.
3. Develop ways in which to contact these sources such as emails, letters, phone, etc.
4. Expand relationships with the local professional sports teams (Monarchs, Fisher Cats)
5. Meet with local college representatives to discuss volunteer recruitment strategies
6. Provide support for 21st CCLC, program-wide events and activities
Outputs: (Performance Measures)
1. Five community sources will be contacted and become engaged in the program
2. A database for funding and volunteer resources will be created
3. At least ten members of the community (not previously aware of the program) will take part in a program event/activity.
Outcomes: (Changes in behavior or attitudes)
Community awareness of and support for the program will increase as community members become more engaged and discover ways to participate.
Goal 2: Community exposure of
1. Assess current materials and prior activities
2. Become familiar with local media sources and specific contact names and numbers.
3. Support creation of media plan and time line including update of 21st CCLC website
4. Develop, draft print media materials.
3. A media plan will be presented
4. The 21st CCLC website will be updated to reflect all current programs and activities and complement the media plan.
5. New 21st CCLC media materials will be distributed in the community according to the media plan
As community members gain a deepened understanding of the program and its purpose, levels of awareness and support will increase for all programs.
A comprehensive 3-5 year strategic sustainability plan for
Activities: (Year One)
1. Support the coordination of committee member recruitment.
2. Coordinate and facilitate sub-committee meetings as needed and appropriate.
3. Coordinate and manage sustainability planning timeline
4. Record and disseminate minutes for all sustainability subcommittee meetings
5. Support the on-going sustainability outreach work
1. Sub-committee meetings will be conducted in a timely manner and records disseminated
2. A sustainability plan will be developed
Outcomes:Implementation of a sustainability plan will ultimately result in the continuation of